2023-05-31

Using my own paintings as starter images with AI Art Generators

Regarding my traditional art doing abstract paintings with acrylic ink, watercolor ink or alcohol based markers has always been one of my favorite art activities. Now, that I do know a bit more about the possibilities of AI Art generators I wanted to use more of my traditional paintings. So I selected this painting, done with acrylic inks:


I did this painting in 2020. It is not one which I consider very well done, but I like the colors and the movement of the painting.

Now I tried out several Art Generators. I tried Blue Willow - which allows Image to Image generation, and I got a description of how to do it - but I somehow I failed again and again. I tried Dreamlike AI, which allows image to image generation and makes it easy to do it - but was not convinced of the result. Then I tried Lexica, and here is what I got:



As Lexica always generates four variations of an image, I had to select one of four. I must say I am pretty impressed with the result.

I also tried Deep Dream Generator with the same original painting. 

In my opinion the Deep Dream Generator version is more playful than the Lexica one. However I like both results, and will continue with combining my traditional art with AI Art.


No comments:

Post a Comment