2023-05-01

AI Art and the beauty of musical instruments

When I was still working at the Berlin University of the Arts I was responsible for the Calendar of its website. During the winter and the summer terms this calendar is full of events, and many of these events are concerts given by the students and their professors. Every event was announced together with a nice photo which showed either the musical instruments or the groups who played them. I must say that it was not easy at all to have good photos.

Now with AI Art in full progress it is possible to create images which show the beauty of a musical instrument. So I tried to create a violin in Blue Willow, with a very simple prompt:

show me a photo of a beautiful violin, highdefinition, hyperrealistic, 4 K

And here it is!

Now, let's try another musical instrument, which is typical for an orchestra: a French Horn.

Here's the prompt:

Show me a photo of a musician playing the French Horn, intricate, hyperrealistic, highly detailed


You can see the result of the prompt on the right side. Unfortunately, the guy is not playing a French Horn. It looks more like a trombone. I tried more prompts, but obviously AI's database of images does not contain many images of musical instruments. Yes, it worked with the violin, but the violin is one of the most played instruments in orchesters.

Now I must say that I used Blue Willow with these prompts. There is still the question whether other AI Art generators like Bing Image Creator, Dreamlike AI, Lexica or Nightcafe Studio are better with creating images of French Horns, trombones, and other brass instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment