2023-05-22

Islamic Gardens

 A long time ago I had the opportunity to visit an Islamic Garden: There is a park in Berlin called "The Gardens of the World", and there you can see not only a typical Japanese Zen Garden, a Chinese Garden and a Korean Garden but also an Islamic Garden. I took a few pictures when I was there and just a few days ago I found these photos again. Among them was a picture showing a beautiful fountain.

Now, with my playing around with various AI Art generators I thought: Why not try to render a fountain in an Islamic Garden? So I opened Blue Willow and submitted the prompt:

"A beautiful Arabian fountain with flowers"

What I got was definitely more than a fountain. It was an Islamic Garden with the fountain or the water pool in the middle, as a focal point. Water in a garden has a special meaning in the Islamic culture, where water is very rare. It is a symbol for the paradise where waters flow without limitation.

Another features which are typical for an Islamic garden can also be found in the image: the geometric forms, the green grass and the lush green trees, the arches of the building and the almost graphic decorations on the building. Islamic culture does not allow pictures of persons or animals; Instead of this you will find beautiful calligraphy and tile work.

So a very simple prompt rendered an image which shows a typical islamic garden. Blue Willow always produces four images, and among those four the one above was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment