2023-11-13

Focussing on the here and now

 

I am not a buddhist. However I learnt that Christian monks and Buddhist monks have one thing in common: They have learnt to focus on the here and now. 

Christian monks for example often have to do chores (such like sweeping the floor for example), and when they do them they focus on the task. They do not think what they will do when the task is done - they are doing the task and try to do it as perfect as possible.

It is the same with Buddhist monks: They have learnt to focus on the way they breathe, on the sounds they hear and so on.

I myself try to focus on the things I am doing now - just like writing this blogpost. In the past multitasking has been a goal for many - doing several things at the same time. I learnt that the human brain is not made for multitasking, and whenever we do it, we cause stress for our brain and for our body, 

No comments:

Post a Comment