2024-04-02

Painting with Liquid watercolours

I must admit I got lots of artist materials. Acrylic ink, acrylic tube paints, acrylic markers, alcoholbased markers, waterbased brush pens, oil pastels, a set of watercolours and some liquid watercolours (also known as "watercolour inks") from Royal Talens (Ecoline) and from Pebeo (Colorex).

It had been quite some time since I used these liquid watercolours. But two days ago I felt very much like painting with them again. I used Yellow from Colorex and Fir Green from Ecoline. I had bought a beginner Colorex set a long time ago, when they had no droppers on their bottles, so I had to use a pipette for putting the ink on my palette. Regarding the Fir Green the bottle has got a dropper, so putting it on the palette was no problem. But then it got a wee difficult - mixing liquid inks is a bit of a trial and error process. 

However, as you can see on the image I managed somehow to get various shades of green and yellow. I think mixing liquid paints (the same applies to acrylic inks, in my opinion) is a matter of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment