2024-04-24

Experimenting with watercolor inks and gouache

I love to do strange things with art mediums. In case you are following my blog you will know that just now I am deep into watercolor inks. I had neglected them somewhat and now I love painting with them. Another art medium I have been neglecting is Gouache. Yesterday I asked myself "Why not combine Gouache and watercolor inks?" So I went for my very old set of gouache paints from Reeves bought ages ago, took a tube of brilliant red and put a tiny blob of it on my palette. Then I went for the Ecoline warm grey watercolor ink bottle and dropped a tiny drop on the palette as well. It seemed to work. 

Mixing colors from different mediums was one thing - using a waterbrush to paint with gouache was another thing, I did a google search and most of the information I got there was against doing that. Well, I had to try myself. And it worked for me as well! Of course I very carefully cleaned the waterbrush afterwards.

And here is the painting:


No comments:

Post a Comment