2023-09-20

Strange insect


 I love butterflies. I love dragonflies. Regarding the rest of the insect species I must say that I either like to look at them from a big distance, or I do not want to look at them at all. Last night some kind of insect fell on my head, landed on my pillow and I had to restrain myself not to jump out of the bed and leave my sleeping room. I managed to get a paper hanky, got that around the insect and pressed hard. I know it is silly, but I cannot help myself. 

It is a bit different to look at insect images, especially the ones I created myself. I love the colors of the creature on the left, but I think it still looks very creepy.

However it is the result of using one of my inktense pencil drawings as a starter image:


The painting / drawing is nothing but a doodle, created in the process of experimenting with my pencils. I love vivid colors - and those inktense pencils almost have an acrylic or marker look. 

When I had finished the painting I looked at it trying to define a shape or get an idea how I could have it altered with a prompt. The shape reminded me of a spider or an insect. And so, in the end, the image on top of the page was created...

No comments:

Post a Comment