2023-09-15

I love my Inktense pencils!

I spent the last weekend together with my brothers and their families in the South of Germany. One day, my sister-in-law asked me to help her with her watercolor pencils. Same as me she loves to paint in vivid and strong colors, which is a wee bit difficult with watercolor pencils. However we found a way to do it: Wetting the paper with the brush and then applying the pencils on the wet paper.

When I was at home again I thought that I would like to try this method with my inktense pencils. I've got a set of 12 and a number of additional pencils. 

In the middle of the painting I noticed that using the inktense pencils in the afore mentioned way (dry on wet paper) I still got some white specks on the watercolor paper. So I switched over to the more traditional method - applying them dry on dry and then wetting them with a brush. It worked. 

I learnt two things:

  1. It was fun to do a traditional piece of art again. Yes it takes more time, and yes, there are these moments when I thought whether I would get a reasonable painting. 
  2. Doing AI Art for such a long time does not mean that I lost my ability to paint in a traditional way. Doing one thing does not mean not doing the other thing: both ways of creating art are important for me and will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment