2023-02-24

Looking for an illustration style

 After having published my first Short Story for children on Issuu and Gumroad. I am thinking about the next one. Again there will be images going with the story. The story will be about a polar bear cub and a young seal, so I am trying to generate some images to serve as illustrations on Nightcafe Studio. I don't want the images to be in a Pixar style (too cute!), so I tried out the modern comic book preset for DALL-E2 and Stablediffusion.

 Here's one of the images I had created:


I like that kind of style, and think that I will stick to it. 
So now it is time to go back to writing. I tried Scribus - the free alternative to Indesign - and Canva. I love Canva, but it is not meant for writing longer texts which wrap around images. It is possible to do it, but it is quite time consuming. Then I watched a video on Youtube which showed me how to have text wrapped around images with - Google docs! I tried it and since then I have been working on my new story with Google docs. Sometimes, the simple ways of doing something do not come easily...



No comments:

Post a Comment