2023-02-15

I love my Neocolor II watersoluble wax crayons!


There always have been periods when I tried the Neocolor II watersoluble wax crayons from Caran d'Ache and then put them away again. When you search for them on YouTube, you find a lot of videos on Coloring with them, but almost none about using them in a more artistic way. 

A few days ago I rediscovered them - and found a way to have fun with them. I use them dry - as a kind of underpainting. I also got some small containers with the scrapes from sharpening them. I usually put some drops of water on the scrapings and put the containers away for drying over night.

The next day I again put only one or two drops of water on the dried pigments, and only slightly dampen my brush. Doing it this way enables me to apply the pigment / paint like gouache paint - smooth and opaque. Now you might ask: What do you do when all of your crayons have been sharpened and you're out of that dried up pigment? Well, in former times I applied them dry and wetted them then with the brush, with the result, that the paint was not thick enough in my opinion. So I tried the following method: I applied one color dry - let's say red, and then went over it with blue dried paint coming from a container. I liked the result very much, and that's the way I am doing it now!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment