2023-02-08

Postprocessing Artwork generated with Nightcafestudio

 What do I mean when I say "postprocessing"? I mean all the steps I take when the image has been generated. In Nightcafe, I usually take 2 steps:

  • Enhancing the image (the original image is 512x512; the first enhancement step enlarges the image to 1024x1024 px. This step is necessary in case you want to show yourimage on facebook or instagram. You have to pay for this enhancement (1 credit).
  • Publishing the image (I only publish images on Nightcafe which have been enhanced in order to give the viewer a good image.)
I then download the image and open it with Gimp (the free alternative to Photoshop). I now
  • use the filter "enhance" on Gimp with the button "unsharp mask". This is especially important if you have created your image using DALL-E2 on Nightcafe. 
  • I go to "Images" and add more contrast with the "brightness and constrast" button.
I then save the image for uploading to facebook, instagram or google images.

However, postprocessing artwork can be more than that.

The original Ai generated artwork showed only one polarbear with a lightblue background. In order to create the image you see here, I
  • went on the website lunapic.com and had the background removed.
  • I opened the file again, added an additional layer with a gradient background.
  • I selected the layer with the polar bear and copied it, getting a layer with another bear. 
  • I now downscaled the second bear and moved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment