2023-02-17

First Short Story published on Issuu and Gumroad

 I always liked to write. At school we had a school magazine, and I was one of the editors and of course wrote articles. I even wanted to become a journalist, but then I went for teacher training. At university we had to write scientific papers - and that was not the kind of stuff I wanted to write. I had to, though. Much later, when I was already working at the Berlin University of the Arts I had a friend who also liked to write - and we loved to exchange our stories. Then I discovered my passion for art. I was still working then, and I knew, that I had only time for one thing, so I decided to paint and draw, mostly traditionally, with brush and pencil. 

In 2019 I retired, and had more time for creative activities. I still focussed on art. 

In winter 2022 somebody mentioned Nightcafe to me - a AI generating platform. Since then I have been generating lots of images, and some of them made me think of stories behind these images. Suddenly I had the impression that I could unite art and writing in a special way: I looked at the image of a sad looking Easter Bunny and thought: why did he look so sad? I sat down and jotted down the story. The next step was to look for additional pictures to go with the story, and I managed to create some. In a third step I went over the story again, with the new pictures in mind. I had written the story in English - which is not my first language. So I passed it on to dear friends who live in the states. I got some wonderful appreciating comments and a few hints on grammar mistakes I had made. Okay. Now it was finished. I had written my first story and illustrated it myself. I had done some research about Gumroad and Issuu. And then, yesterday, I bit the bullet and published the one page Short Story called "Joe - the Sad Easterbunny" on both platforms.



Here are the links:
1. Issuu: https://issuu.com/ullahennig/docs/easterbunny

2. Gumroad: https://ullahennig.gumroad.com/l/dxcpkg


No comments:

Post a Comment