2023-01-13

Getting the result you want step by step with DALL-E2

 The first step you have to do is: Visualize the desired result. You have to have an image in your head - be it a dog running over a green meadow, a vase with tulips, whatsoever. I have been painting a lot of masks, and I am almost obsessed with masks. Masks however is such a general notion that it has to be specified. 

And that is the second step: Be as precise with the image in your head as possible: African masks? Masks from other continents? I wanted an image with Venetian masks - they are so pretty, they are the symbol of carnival in Italy. So I wrote the following prompt in DALL-E2:

Photo of a Venetian mask, medium closeup, photorealism, hiyperdetailed, intricate back lit 4K

And here's the Image:


Mask 1

Well, the image is not bad, but not what I had in mind when I was thinking of Venetian Masks. So I changed the prompt to:

Photo of a Venetian mask, photorealism, hiyperdetailed, intricate, 4K

As you can see when comparing the two prompts I added something and I deleted something.  This resulted in:


Mask 2

Let me add one important information here: I always let DALL-E2 create four images, and up to now I could use one or two out of these four. 
So Step #3 means: try to adapt the digital image to the image in your head by working on the prompts. Generating images with DALL-E2 is not something like hitting the "Create" button and there it is - the beautiful fantastic extraordinary image you had in your mind! It means spending time - and in regard to Nightcafe - credits. It is a process. 




No comments:

Post a Comment