2023-01-27

Creating prints off your AI Images with Canva

 For some time now I paint and draw - with brush and paint and in a digital way, mostly with Inkscape. But only since the last two years or so I had my paintings printed out, framed and hanged on the wall or printed and used for greeting cards. I scan my pieces and have them printed in a nearby drugstore. 

Now, with my AI artworks it is a bit difficult, most of all when working with DALL-E2. DALL-E2 renders square images. Greeting card formats are rectangles, not squares. Blowing up the image takes parts of the image away which is not good. But there is a solution: Canva!

Here are some examples of what I did:



The images consist of three layers: 
  • The first layer which later serves as a kind of frame is the background. In Canva, you can have backgrounds in the color you like, there are even backgrounds with textures. 
  • The second layer is a white rectangle (rectangles can be found among "elements"). You can also have all kinds of color, but white resembles a mount. 
  • The third layer is the image itself. 
Each layer can be positioned in the center and the middle.
When this is done, the image can be downloaded and be printed at the drugstore or wherever you go when you want to have your photos printed out.







No comments:

Post a Comment