2024-01-05

Why I participate in Challenges on Nightcafe Studio

I have been creating with Nightcafe Studio more than one year now. They have got daily challenges, and you can win additional credits by getting a certain amount of votes for your submitted image. There are a lot of discussions in the facebook group where people express their disappointment about not getting votes for their creations. I must admit that for some time this kept me from participating in challenges. People do not see that opinions on art, on images whether they have been created traditionally or digitally are subjective. I had to learn that as an artist myself - but I always created what I wanted to create and not what I thought people would like. Of course I am happy when people like what I create, but that is not the main reason for creating art for me. But I digress.

For some days I have rediscovered the challenges on Nightcafe Studio for a very special reason: It makes me try out a certain theme on various AI Art Generators. Here is an example, "Sharks" respectively "shark linocuts":


This is how Deep Dream Generator interpreted the prompt "beautiful colorful linocut of a shark swimming in the water". Yes, it looks like very simple linocut, and I like the pose of the shark, but I must say I otherwise I am not very impressed. In the beginning of my AI Art activities I used this Generator quite a lot, but nowadays it belongs to my least favorite AI tools. The results are often disappointing.




Same prompt but this image looks quite different, doesn't it? I used Lexica AI here, and since a month or so Lexica is one of my favorite AI Generators. I still have a free account. At the moment they offer you 100 images per week (one prompt generates four images).




And here's the result I got from Nightcafe Studio itself. I hadn't added "beautiful colorful" in the prompt, so I got this black and white image. I never did a linocut myself, but for me the creation really looks like a linocut.

So participating in the challenges on Nightcafe Studio does two things for me:
1. It gives me ideas for creations. 
2. It motivates me to try out various AI Art Generators. 



No comments:

Post a Comment