2024-01-26

Cubist cityscapes - a comparison

 Many AI art generators allow the use of an init or start image. Some do not. In my humble opinion the use of start images (which in my case are scans of my own paintings or illustrations) allows to create images which are special and unusual in a certain way. In this blogpost I will give an example.

The subject I chose is "Cubist cityscape". 


One of the AI Art generators that does allow using a start image is PicFinder AI. But in this case I did not want to use this way of creating images; I used the prompt "cubist cityscape". You can see one of the results on the left. Yes, the style is cubist, but the result is not very spectacular.

So I went to Nightcafe Studio and uploaded a painting which I did years ago with acrylic paints.



I remember that I had something of a cityscape in mind when I painted the image. But I do not do much planning when I am painting. Often I just paint, add one colour to the other, draw lines, paint lines and so on. 

I did not think much of the painting, and so the painting itself stayed in the folder, and the scan on my hard drive, until the moment when I thought it could be used as a starter image.

And here's what Nightcafe Studio did with the starter image. The style is cubism; the angle is taken from the starter image as well as some of the colors. They are muted, not as happy and vivid as in the image which I created with picFinder.

I think that using the starter image made it possible to create something away from the mainstream.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment