2023-08-04

Photopea and AI Art

 I have been using Gimp to post process my AI Art images. Yesterday however I watched a video about Photopea and had to try it.

Photopea is the free online version of Photoshop. The menues are a bit different from Gimp, but I always enjoy learning something new. After having played around with things like sharpen and contrast I decided to go for something more challenging: Combining two elements in one image. I uploaded two images to photopea: an abstract one which I wanted to use as background and the silhouette portrait of a woman with the background removed in Lunapic.

Here is the result.

Now a bit of information about the steps it takes:

1. Go to the image you want to copy as a layer into the other image. Go to "Layers" and click on "Duplicate layer into..."; you will be able to select the image you want it copied into.

2. Go to the other image - the one you had the silhouette / object / person whatever copied into - and you will see that it has got 2 Layers now.

3. Now you can manipulate each layer on its own - as you can see I used the smudge tool on the image which served as the background layer.

4. You can export the image with the two layers as psd File - if you are a Gimp user you will be able to open that file in Gimp. You can also export the image as png and jpg file, among many other formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment