2023-07-14

Painting with oil pastels


 It has been a long, long time since I touched my oil pastels. It is funny how sometimes a happy accident can change things and habits: Yesterday I watched a video with the title "Painting with my host hated medium - oil pastels" (this is a translation, the original video is in German) and decided to take my heart into my hands and bite the oil pastel bullet.

So I grabbed my container with 24 oil pastels, a sheet of watercolor paper, a tiny container with odorless mineral spirit and some q-tips.

You can see the result on the left hand side. I think it is not too bad, considering the fact that I haven't done anything with this medium for such a long time. The only thing I want to change is the use of the odorless mineral spirit - it is not that odorless I have to admit. So I searched the web for an alternative. You will hear more about that in my next blogpost.

No comments:

Post a Comment