2024-07-22

Combining traditional art and AI Art

 

One of my favorite mediums is acrylic ink. I do not pour it (I paint using my breakfast table, and I am much too concerned with spilling acrylic ink somewhere where it does not belong!), I paint with it with a small liner brush. I prefer small formats like the half of a DIN A 4 page. Mixing acrylic ink is a challenge - however the dropper on the bottles allow a certain amount of measuring. I am still experimenting with the relation between lighter and darker colors. For the image on the left I used burgundy and sahara beige (both molotow refills), as well as black and vermillion acrylic inks.

In addition to creating art in a traditional way I create images using AI Art Generators. Nightcafe Studio offers the "sketch to image" tool, and I used the acrylic ink piece to create something new but similar. You can see that the AI piece has many of the shapes of the original painting, but nevertheless is something different. 
I can imagine using the image as a design for a card or even putting it into a frame.

So I can still do traditional art and have fun with creating images the AI way!


No comments:

Post a Comment