2022-08-19

On the Swabian Alb

Diaslide from the 60s

Long time ago taking photos as diaslides was the state of the art. I remember days when friends came to my parents' home and my father proudly presented the diaslides he had taken through our summer vacation. This one above was not taken during our summer vacations which usually were spent either in Austria or in Italy. It was taken on one of our precious weekend trips to the Swabian Alb. More than once the trip also meant lighting up a campfire and roasting those delicious German sausages.
I inherited a big container with those diaslides when my parents had died, and going through them and deciding which ones to digitalize still is one of my projects. Some I keep because they are excellent photos - some I keep because of the memory they bring to me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment