2022-08-30

Cute fish

Cute fish

Do you remember those watercolours which you had to use at school? Here in Germany we call them "Deckfarben" which means "paints that cover" or "opaque watercolours". They are a bit similar to Gouache paints but of course are lower in quality. A few days ago I was going through my art stuff in search for a certain medium and I found actually two sets of those school watercolour paints, each of them having 24 round pans. I love to experiment and try out things so I decided to have a go with them, in spite of the fact that I did not like them at all at school. 
However I found out that I was having a lot of fun. Actually I enjoyed not having to handle with tubes. The fish above was done with the set carrying the no-name name of Regina (I really do not remember when and where I got them). The paints were rather gouache-y, and easy to mix with another and with the opaque white in the tube. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment