2021-08-27

The Power of Colours


In my opinion there's a lot of energy in this painting. Somehow it looks like I am in favor of the combination of blue and orange-reddisch hues. Now, red is the colour of fire, of the sun, of heat, of lava running down the mountains. It can be agressive as well. Blue is the colour of the water, running down with endless energy. In middle age paintings a certain kind of blue was reserved to the cloak of Maria, the "regina coelis" or the Queen of the heavens, so for someone also very powerful. 
Well, I didn't sit down and plan this colour combination before I began to paint with my coloured pencils. It happened during the painting process. Maybe I felt a bit powerful because I was able to solve some private problems? Sounds very strange, I know...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment