2021-08-20

Abstract painting with Coloured Pencils


I love to paint abstract paintings. I have been using acrylic markers, alcoholbased markers, Neocolor 2 watersoluble wax crayons. Would it be possible to paint abstract with coloured pencils? Most of the coloured pencil artists I know on YouTube are doing realistic, often photorealistic art with their pencils. Photorealistic art however doesn't interest me. I prefer a photo to photorealistic art. Of course that is my totally subjective opinion. And I have to admit, that photorealistic coloured pencil artists can do wonders with their medium.
I like to brush mediums against the grain - and so I sat down and did this abstract painting. I used some odorless mineral spirit to blend the coIours, using q-tips. I am quite pleased with it, I must say. The only thing I have to get used to is the amount of time one has to put into the process...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment