2016-04-05

Blue Violet


First there was the blue violet and the two leaves. I did the sketch, transfered it via transparent paper and my window pane onto the watercolour paper and blocked the colour in. I tried to get a nice violet mix by adding some drops of magenta to my cyan blue, but, as you can see, the amount of red is still too little.
For the loose landscape I diluted the permanent green with some drops of water, wetted the paper a bit and let the paint flow in. Same with the sky. I then added some strokes with polychromos coloured pencils in the middle. 
After having done all this I took a step back and wasn't totally satisfied with the result. Would some ink lines help? Or would they destroy the whole painting? I took a scan of the painting as it was and then proceeded with applying some loose inkstrokes.Well, I felt better after that...

No comments:

Post a Comment