2024-05-17

Painter's block

This gouache painting is the last in a row of paintings which I did last week. I finished one painting and on the next day I prepared the paper for the next one. The day after that I began to paint, finished the painting, scanned and uploaded it.
Just now I got something like a painter's block and I really do not know why. I got the paper, got the gouache paints. But somehow doing other things seemed to have been more important. I am still in love with gouache, but maybe now painting with it needs a bit more planning, a bit of timeblocking? The first step could be to schedule time to jot down some painting ideas. This could include going through my digital AI images and selecting those which could work as reference images. Or go through my book "The Complete Color Harmony" and look for some color combinations. Or... okay, now that I am writing about it I have the feeling that the first steps are made to overcome painter's block!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment