2022-09-16

Portrait of a Grizzly Bear

Grizzly Bear

Just now I am following one of Aaron Blaise's courses - the course on Drawing Bears. Instead of just watching the course I took a piece of sketching paper and a pencil and tried to follow him. Now, he is drawing digitally, but I personally think that this does not make any difference. The only advantage for him is that he can erase wrong strokes immediately whereas I had to take an eraser. But fortunately you can always pause the video...
So I did this bear first with a pencil, then with an ink pen and then decided to color it with an ecoline brush pen. After having scanned in the sketch I did minor changes in GIMP, the free alternative to Photoshop. So there is indeed a mixture of traditional sketching and digital work in this piece!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment