2021-07-23

Proper Paper for Acrylic Markers


I used cardstock paper for this abstract painting with acrylic markers. When I touched the paper, I thought that it would be smooth enough for my acrylic markers and not cause any paper pillings. I was wrong. It was not as bad as it was with mixed media paper, but I had still some paper pillings.
A long time ago I had bought a box full of coated paper. It was recommended for alcoholbased markers, but I didn't use it that much. You can use mixed media paper and even watercolour paper with alcoholbased markers, the only disadvantage is that you are using more ink this way. However, with acrylic markers it is different: you not only have a lot of paper pillings but you are damaging the tips of your markers. So for the next paintings done with acrylic markers I will go back to the coated paper.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment