2024-06-10

Gouache abstract Painting

This gouache painting was done with

  • magenta (Rico Design Gouache)
  • white (Lucas studio Gouache)
  • midnight blue (Colorex liquid watercolor)
  • violet (Lucas studio Gouache)
I had bought the Magenta Rico Design Gouache a few days ago and now wanted to try it out. I must say that I am a bit disappointed with the consistency of it. I had to apply more than one layer in order to get it opaque. However, I will continue using them - maybe adding a tiny bit of white to render them more opaque.
On the other hand I was quiet pleased with the Violet Lucas Studio Gouache (I had bought it at a time when it was still called Nerchau Gouache and belonged to the low price gouache brands). I could apply it very nicely on the watercolor paper,

One short additional note: I think I managed for the first time not to consider the painting finished too early. I had the image lying on my table for one day, then I took a look at it and added the finishing touches. This is something I want to keep up doing with the next paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment