2024-04-08

Combining watermedia with acrylics

When I say "watermedia" I mean watercolor brush pens and pens whose ink can be dissolved with water. I own tombow brush pens, ecoline brush pens and stabilo 66 pens. I love the vivid colors. 

So I grabbed a piece of watercolor paper, some of the pens I mentioned above and began to paint. I did not do a preliminary sketch, I just went for colors and shapes. In the process of painting I noticed that the shapes formed themselves into two fish characters. 

Now I thought about the background. Why not using acrylics for the background? So I went for an old acrylic paint tube, wondering whether it still would produce paint. Yes, it did. 

It might not be one of my best paintings, but it was important for me to have a break from all these AI image creations and do some traditional painting again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment