My first step was to empty the drawer in which I am storing my acrylic inks and to put up a list of all my inks. In the end I was really surprised how many inks I have!
Then I fetched a piece of watercolor paper and taped it down to a wooden surface. I took my pencil and let the lines go wild - same as I had done in my inktense painting process. When the lines were on the paper I grabbed three acrylic ink bottles: one containing Siena, the second one containing Carmine red and the third one containing indigo. I color blocked the spaces between the lines. In addition to that I grabbed a tube with yellow ochre, one of my empty yoghurt containers and a pipette. I had always had difficulties with detailed coloring when using paint out of the tube, so I decided to thin the tube paint down with a bit of water and stir it with an old brush. It worked. Adding the black and white lines to the painting was the last step.

No comments:
Post a Comment