2023-08-14

Abstract Art with Colored Pencils


Colored pencils were the first medium when I started doing art on a regular basis. Of course I watched videos and learnt a lot about the do's and don't's of painting with colored pencils. However, most of the time I felt timid and overwhelmed. It all ended with the strong feeling that "colored pencils are not my medium". 

Time went by, I tried some other mediums, and I learnt to do art my way. I didn't stop watching Videos, but in many cases I stopped watching them and tried to do things my way. 

Now a few days ago I felt like trying out my colored pencils. I have two very small sketchbooks, and the small size of the paper sheets encouraged me to try out things I had in my mind. So the painting on the left was born. I first blended the strokes with odorless mineral spirit, but then I changed that to - (gasp!) baby oil. Yes, I know, baby oil is an absolute no-go for colored pencil artists. because you do not know what the effects the baby oil has on the pigments in the long run. Well, it is just a little doodle in my sketchbook, so what the heck!

No comments:

Post a Comment